Thinking and Painting

I've been working on The Nude brief for the last few days and its been really refreshing. Having so much freedom has been nice, giving me a chance to be experimental with print, sometimes I think so hard about my ideas that it takes all the fun out of it.  I know design has to have a concept and a rationale, but to be given an article of a thousand words to design how we wish has been great. As part of this I've been painting. The film and the soundtrack 'Primitive London,' for some odd reason inspired me to paint. Ive been painting some titles and experimenting with colour which I've incorporated into the spreads I'm working on for the mini mag.


Photobucket


As for my self initiated work, the football songs are very much on the back burner for the time being, I feel like ive over thought it to the point where I need to step away for a bit.  Sounds dramatic, but its how  I feel.  Still under the banner of football Ive been working on some other ideas, which I'll post as they develop. Its all based on the unit of time, '90 Minutes,' more to come soon.

8/2/2011

Archive