In the Workshop...

Just a quick post on the progress of the wood carving, its proving to be a really fun process. I've managed to set myself up a nice little workshop and minus a few cut fingers everything is going swimmingly.  Its actually becoming a quite symbolic process, every piece of wood I carve from the original solid piece is almost like a scratch or scuff on the 100 Club wall, floor and stage.  Im sure the Club started off as a 'solid piece' but time has slowly chipped away at it leaving it how it is today, hopefully I can capture idea in my work.

My first carving that im working on is best described as a plaque designed to be mounted on the wall, I am aiming to highlight the dated charm of the club and touch on the fact that despite all its flaws and threat of closure it is still there.

"100 CLUB, BLEMISHED BUT NOT BROKEN"


Photobucket





Photobucket

16/1/2011

Archive