Carved in Time

We had the final crit for the 100 Club brief yesterday and it went really well.  Everyone reacted really positively to my carvings and everyone else had also produced some really interesting work.  I produced two carvings, the first was the plaque quote which I touched on in the earlier post. Im really pleased with the outcome, im soo pleased I stuck with using wood as I feel the results are great aesthetically and also in reflecting my feelings on the 100 Club that I wanted to portray in my work.


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


_______________________

The second was a piece made up of four carved and screwed wood blocks.  These as a set aim to celebrate the 100 Club, this piece originally was also designed to be wall mounted. However, having finished this set of four they have become really tactile and interesting objects, so as a development I think I will make a bag for them to be stored in, so they become a set of wooden blocks for people to interact with and arrange how they wish.


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


21/1/2011

Archive