BOXES

Photobucket

I was at work last week, which isn't the most exciting or creative place in the world, so I was surprised when I came across this really interesting rubber stamp. It had been stamped on all the boxes on a pallet of christmas cards from China. It simply states that the boxes are strong enough to contain the christmas cards, ironically it was more attractive to my eye than most of the christmas cards themselves.  It got me thinking about that age old discussion of form v function and also that sometimes good design is discovered in the most unexpected places.

Talking of great design in unusual places, walking home the other night, me and Jonny came across an array of these amazing fruit and veg crates with all kinds of great logos, that had just been thrown away. So now i've got a nice 'playboy box,' to store some books and other bits in.

Photobucket

Photobucket

29/11/2010

Archive