Granny Griffin !

So the knitting is in full flow, I've bought various balls of wool to get me started, some colour choices are dictated by established football colours, however I have also considered the effectiveness of certain combinations and the contrast they create.


Photobucket


Before getting on to knitting the real thing, I knitted a few samples to get used to the process. In particular casting on and casting off, which is basically putting the wool on and taking it off the needles, it can be quite tricky. I also had to get to a point where I stopped dropping stitches (this makes holes) and become confident enough to notice errors and rectify them.


Photobucket

Heres a scan of one such sample (notice the holes) In my short time knitting though, I've become really fond of the process and even more so the outcome, I really love the texture it creates.  

17/3/2011

Archive